Sunday, July 27, 2014

Blueberry Throw-Together Pie for a Sunday Night

I intended to make something a bit unusual for my final pie for July, which I mentioned in my last post, is National Blueberry Month.  I was going for something from www.epicurious.com called a blueberry crumble pie, but the evening was getting later and I stared down at my hastily written recipe sheet in despair.  I had written the ingredients in a chaotic matter (just the way my mind works), but then I started coding the order with plain circles and filled in dots and thought, uh, yeah, there's no way.  I reverted back to a simple recipe from the Pioneer Woman's blog, but she used nutmeg and I used cinnamon.  I threw in dark brown sugar and baker's sugar plus a little vanilla salt.  And so it went...  And when I say "threw" I mean it.  I really didn't measure anything...just small handfuls of this and that (what I just described).  Cookies and cakes need to be exact in baking, but you can be a little more free with pies.

Anyway, you know why I call this "Blueberry Throw-Together Pie!"  I think it's a beauty!  (-;

Ugh--not enough time for this recipe!  I'll just throw it together!


I used 3 pints of blueberries.


Blueberries coated with baker's sugar, cinnamon, dark brown sugar, vanilla sea salt, thickener.


Heaped into the first crust.


 Going into the oven!  That lump left of center is some butter that's going to seep right down into those blueberries!

The requisite cinnamon pie crust rolls made with leftover pie dough.  My grandma's tradition!


Finished and lookin' might fine!  Look at that thickened, blueberry juice seepage!  Mmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment